Our W.E. Mangum Children’s Development Center is a safe, Christian preschool for up to 14 homeless and low-income children between the ages of 2 1/2 to 5 years old.
With a 1-to-7 teacher-student ratio, our premier on-site preschool is licensed through the North Carolina Division of Child Development. Children learn, grow and develop cognitively, socially and spiritually through:
- Curriculum and activities that foster development
- Fun and educational field trips
- Assessments and referrals as needed
- Parent training, education and resource materials
- Highly trained teachers experienced in caring for children who come from backgrounds of homelessness and poverty
The W.E. Mangum Children’s Development Center is a key part of restoring families by modeling parenting skills, providing education services and materials, and offering monthly teacher/parent conferences. Once families leave the Mission, preschoolers may continue attending the program until they enter kindergarten.
For more information, please contact the preschool director, Gwen Whitley, at 919.828.9014, ext. 116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about becoming a volunteer in the preschool, please email email@example.com.
“My kids are not just playing, but learning about Jesus at preschool.” – Tara, mother & former Mission client