Friendships of Hope Mentoring Program
The purpose of the Friendships of Hope Program is to provide an opportunity for New Life Plan participants to develop healthy relationships with followers of Jesus Christ to offer spiritual care and encouragement that can be maintained long after completion of the New Life Plan and their transition back into the community from the Raleigh Rescue Mission.
- To assist New Life Plan participants in reaching their goals during and after the program;
- To help New Life Plan participants in maintaining their independence;
- To provide New Life Plan participants with opportunities to build healthy relationships with members of the church and community.
Participants of the Friendships of Hope Program are expected to make the following time commitments to the mentor relationship.
- Minimum of two face-to-face meetings a month for at a minimum of one hour;
- Telephone communication at a minimum of twice a month when a face-to-face meeting isn’t scheduled;
- A commitment to the relationship for a minimum of six months, one (1) year preferred.
If you’re interested in becoming a Compassion Christian Mentor please submit an application.
This opportunity is contingent on the successful completion of all pre-mentor screenings including criminal background check and reference check.