We Couldn’t Do it Without You
Hundreds of people seek rescue and relief at Raleigh Rescue Mission each month. To meet the great demand for food, clothing and other necessities, we rely on donations from caring friends like you.
Click on the purple box below to view our Urgent and Ongoing Needs list and to find out what items are most needed to help our residents at Raleigh Rescue Mission today. Items from our Urgent Needs List should be dropped off at 314 E. Hargett St. in Downtown Raleigh.
Click on the green box below to view a list of other items needed to support our residents such as clothing, furniture and other non-food items. Due to space limitations at our downtown location, these items must be dropped off at our Donation Center, 4700 Capital Blvd., North Raleigh. Your donations will be used to first meet the needs of homeless and struggling residents. Surplus items will be sold in our non-profit thrift store to fund meals, emergency shelter, job and life skills training programs and other ministry at Raleigh Rescue Mission.
Drop off at Raleigh Rescue MissionMore
Fill an Urgent or Ongoing Need or Host a Drive
Find out what is most needed to help Raleigh Rescue Mission residents today by reading our Urgent and Ongoing Needs list below. Download the printable list and take it with you to the grocery store, pharmacy, or department store and pick up a few items for the Mission as you shop for your family. Or Host a Drive and collect items from our Urgent and Ongoing Needs list at your church, workplace, school or service organization.
Drop these items off Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm at 314 E. Hargett St., Downtown Raleigh.
For more information, contact Geia Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop Off Items At
Raleigh Rescue Mission
314 E Hargett St
Raleigh, NC 27601
OUR CURRENT AND MOST URGENT NEEDS
- Men’s and Women’s coats, size XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL
- Adult Backpacks
- Women’s Scrubs, size M, L, XL, 2XL (pants most needed)
- Women’s bedroom slippers
- Women’s pajamas (M, L, XL, 2XL)
- Umbrellas and rain ponchos
- Pull-Ups: girls and boys, size 4T/5T
- Child size 14 Goodnites – boys and girls
- Baby oil, baby wash, baby lotion, baby powder
- Local 2-Day ($2) or Local 7-Day($12) Bus Passes (http://goraleigh.org/fares-and-passes)
- Twin Sheets and Pillowcases, Extra Long
- Full-sized shampoo
- Shower Caps
- Sewing Kits
- Men’s Boxers: Large, XL, 2X, 3X (new only)
- Men’s and women’s underwear (new only, all sizes)
- Men’s shower shoes (size 11 and larger)
- Men’s Shoes, size 8-14
- Men’s undershirts (sizes L-3XL)
- Men’s socks (new)
- Men’s shaving cream (small cans)
- Travel sized soap
- Hair gel, Hair grease and Hair spray
- Petroleum jelly
- Travel size deodorant
- Loofahs and shower caps
- Edge control for African-American hair
- Ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin)
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
- Allergy medication
- Cold medicine
- Denture Adhesive
- Lysol spray and disinfectant wipes
- Snacks for children (granola bars, cereal bars, apple sauce/fruit cups)
- Water bottles and juice boxes
- Bacon and Sausage (links or patties)
- Cereal, oatmeal and grits
- Canned vegetables, beans & fruit (large family sized cans, if possible)
- Cooking oil (olive oil, Pam spray, Canola oil)
- Sugar (10# bags)
OUR ONGOING NEEDS
- Giant Print NIV Bibles and NIV Study Bibles
- Study Bibles (preferably NIV or ESV study bibles)
- Reams of copy paper
- Dry erase and permanent markers
- 1″ Binders
- USB drives (4GB and up)
- Electric pencil sharpeners
- Heavy duty staplers
- Hair brushes & combs (new only)
- Ethnic hair products (men’s and women’s)
- Body lotion & body powder for adults
- Men’s full-size deodorant
- Men’s disposable twin-blade or triple-blade razors (e.g., Gillette Mach 3 or Sensor 2)
- Travel size toothpaste, deodorant & lotion
- Toilet paper
- Paper Towels
- Ziploc bags
- Coffee & tea (family-sized tea bags)
- Shredded cheese (cheddar preferred)
- Gift cards discount stores (e.g., Walmart, Sam’s Club, OfficeMax)
No Time to Collect Items?
Your secure financial donation will be put to work immediately to purchase
what’s needed at the moment!
Items for our Store and Donation Center
If you are cleaning out your garage, downsizing or just organizing your closets, consider recycling your gently used and saleable clothing, furniture, jewelry and other items to Raleigh Rescue Mission’s Store and Donation Center.
Drop Off Items At
Raleigh Rescue Mission Store and Donation Center
(Donation Center is at the Back of the Building)
4700 Capital Blvd
Raleigh, NC 27604
Schedule a Pickup
Yes! We will pick up large donation items in Wake County and surrounding Triangle areas. Please complete the form below or call 919.878.7117 to make arrangements.
ITEMS WE ACCEPT
- Gently used men’s, women’s, children’s and infant clothing and shoes (no holes, rips or tears)
- Gently used household items
- Household appliances
- Children’s toys and board games, DVDs, Video Games
- Sporting goods
- Electronic equipment in good working condition
- Jewelry, eyeglasses, sunglasses, watches (in working condition)
- New mattresses in plastic
- New bedding in packaging
For health and safety reasons we cannot accept certain items.
Please click here to view a full list of items we can and cannot accept at our Donation Center.
If you are not sure if an item can be sold, please call us at 919.878.7117 before bringing it by. Thank you!